Baccarat is one of the games that is to be found at live casinos to play against the live dealer. Players who know how simple this game is always love to play and is one of the popular games among high rollers. It’s because the game has great odds and goes at a nice pace with simple rules to follow at live casinos.
This table game is available at live casinos as well as real casinos in Canada. When you choose to play this game at live casino you can do so either with your cell phone or PC and play against a live dealer.
The live Baccarat at live casinos is often known as the punto banco game. Many variations of this game come from top-notch brand gaming software companies. It’s a comparative card game where the hands of a player and a banker are compared for a higher hand total. You bet on whose hand will win and that is the basic principle of it.
With only three bets available – the banker bet, the player bet, and the tie bet – decisions aren’t that tough to make. Based on popular experience, if you are ever in doubt you should bet on the player, and no matter how tempted you are you should never bet on the hand to result in a tie. Baccarat is a game of chance, as pure as it gets, but gamers always look forward to adopting the best strategies to win this game.
The best strategy to play Live Baccarat
There are numerous strategy suggestions and tips about playing baccarat, but the one most frequently mentioned is the pattern-tracking strategy. It is also referred to as the ‘roadmaps strategy’ and is often taken very seriously in the casino world.
This strategy is a tool that is based on tracking previous baccarat patterns to provide the player with better assets to analyze past situations and improve on future betting decisions. At live casinos, as you play your live dealer baccarat game you can access posted graphical representations of the results of the previous rounds. These roadmaps, or scorecards, can be presented in different styles by using icons arranged in a rectangular grid of empty square fields, showing the recorded history of the current shoe.
There are five roadmap representations in total and they go by the names of Bead Road, Big Road, Big Eye Road, Small Road and Cockroach Road. The Bead Road chart can be considered the simplest one as it merely shows the results of previous hands marking every time the player or the banker won, and also all hands that resulted in a tie. One icon corresponds to one round, and all icons are neatly arranged inside a rectangular grid like the first round at the top left corner. Analyzing game history in this way can be helpful in the process of looking for familiar trends.
The Big Road Chart shows the results arranged in columns using the colours red and blue for blanker and player wins, respectively. Ties are shown in the form of a green stripe, so it turns out quite convenient to make note of all the consecutive wins and ties. The three remaining roadmaps are all derived from the Big Road chart. Some say scorecards do not affect the future outcome of a baccarat session, but you have to admit the whole concept is highly elaborated and if nothing it’s just fun to play.
The basic Live Baccarat strategy that you can adopt
The Live Baccarat strategy even at Elite Lounge doesn’t assure you to win 100% but can show you the possibility of wins. You need to follow the basic strategies to get some winning results in Live Baccarat game.
- The banker bet is the best in Live Baccarat because it has a house edge of 1.06%. The house edge of the player bet is 1.24%, while that of the tie bet is 14.36% and 10.36% house edges respectively. Any player who is enjoying the action of live dealer Baccarat will always benefit from betting on the banker’s hand. In addition, when using any card counting strategy, it is always suggested to place the banker bet on every hand that is played.
- One strategy that can be used with live Baccarat is a betting spread. The idea behind this is that the player will bet small when the house advantage is high. Players will also use a larger bet amount when the house advantage is lower. By using this betting pattern, one will increase the chances of winning by decreasing the house advantage.
- With this strategy, players must realise that the lowest bet will always be the table minimum and the largest bet will vary based on table limits and the size of the available bankroll. Ideally, the largest bet will be about 10x the smallest bet placed.
- Live Baccarat offers the perfect opportunity for players to count cards. Since the deal is live and not computerised, it is possible to keep track of the cards that have been dealt in previous hands. Every count will start with 0 when first playing the game. When a 10, J, Q or K is dealt, players will add one to the count. With an Ace, 2 or 3, two is added to the count. With a 4 being dealt, five is added to the count. On the flip side, every 8 will subtract 1 from the count and 5, 7 and 8 card values will subtract 3. Sixes will get the same special treatment as 4s and will subtract five from the count.
- The purpose of the count is to determine the possibilities of payouts. The higher the count, the better the payout rate will be in the game. The payout rates will be worse when the count remains low. The overall goal of using this system is to allow players to know when to place high and low bet amounts. Always bet small with a low count and higher with a high count to maximise winning potential.
Also, note that there are plenty of negative and positive progressive betting systems for Live Baccarat, but it is advisable to stay away from them because they are worthless.
Also, live dealer casinos offer a couple of Live Baccarat tables and some are designed with high rollers in mind. They accept high stakes and winning bets pay out huge money. Remember when playing Live Baccarat, if you bet on the banker and win, you have to pay a commission which is a small fee of 5% taken by the casino.
If you are a new player and don’t know how to play Live Baccarat then read our next post.