Live Baccarat is very easy to play as this table game doesn’t require very difficult rules to follow but is a simple game played against a live dealer. With live baccarat, at live casinos you can use some game strategies that can increase the chances of placing the right bet. The game does not require many skills, all you need is to understand the rules, especially when it comes to dealing the third card.
How to play Live Baccarat?
- Simply choose a live casino
- Register yourself at the casino and open your casino account online with your PC or phone.
- Next go to live casino or live dealer section
- Search for the game of Baccarat.
- There will be few Baccarat variations and you need to choose the one you wish to play
- The game will be streamed at once on your gaming platform screen be it your iPad, smartphone or PC.
- Next you will be welcomed by a live dealer male or female which are friendly and you chat with them as you play the game.
- You will have three bet choices. You can place real money bets on the banker hand, the player hand or a tie bet, which is not recommended.
- The object when playing the game is to bet on the hand that will have a total of 9 or as close to that as possible by using 2 or 3 cards.
- Live baccarat is played with 6 or 8 decks and all payouts are offered at 1:1 with the exception of the tie bet. The banker win will include a 5% commission because of the advantage that the hand has to offer.
- Two cards will be dealt to the player and the banker hands and if the player hand is between 0 and 5, a third card is dealt. Should the banker hand total 0, 1 or 2, a third card is also taken.
- The totals of the cards are based on face value with 2 through 9 being face value and all 10s and face cards are worth 10. The ace is one point. The points are added and then 10 is taken from the total to reveal the true value of the hand. For example, a hand of 6 and 7 would be 13, so the actual value is 3.
- Players will not have many game options when playing as all they can do is bet on the three game outcomes. The banker bet is the most popular and will offer frequent wins. However, players do need to take into consideration the 5% commission, which will subtract from the total amount won.
Should you choose to bet on the tie hand, the payouts are pretty hefty, offering an 8:1 reward. However, this is one of the worst bets a player can make. The tie hand will not happen often enjoy and frequent bets here will deplete the bankroll. The house edge is also the highest for tie bets, so they are best to be avoided at all costs. Most players will find that the safest bet is the banker, followed by the player.
There are no other options to be played with the game of live baccarat. Players will rely on the cards that are dealt and will not ever actually hold the cards. They are dealt to positions in the table and once all bets are placed, cards are dealt and payouts are offered. This is one of the most fast paced casino games played and should be completely understood before betting.
Since Baccarat is played quickly and the hands are dealt fast, you must choose your bets in a timely manner so as not to delay the game. If you are new player you will be intimidated by the speed of the game and the amount that others are betting.
Tips to win Live Baccarat at live casinos
Tips and strategies related to Baccarat can only motivate you to avoid mistakes in the game but are not your magic wand to bring you luck to win. Because this a game of chance and requires no skill and tips will only help you to increase your possibility of win by avoiding mistakes.
Always avoid the Tie Bet
The first thing to keep in mind is to never bet on tie. The tie bet has extremely low probability of happening although it does happen as you probably have noticed when playing baccarat, but that is extremely rare and it is very difficult to guess when. Except in a case where card counting is involved, but that is possible only with one or two decks of cards. Don’t be enticed by the high payout that the tie bet offers (8 to 1, while some games offer 10 to 1), because you will lose in the majority of cases.
Bet on the Banker without fear
Most baccarat players are afraid to bet on the banker because of the 5% commission that is applied (some casinos apply a smaller commission) and it can be a drawback since the player bet has no commission at all, and the payout is only 1 to 1, so it just doesn’t feel right. But, there is a reason behind why there is a commission for this bet and why experts urge you to bet on the banker. It is because the banker bet has a lower house edge than the player. The player bet has a 1.24% house edge while the banker bet has a 1.06%, which makes the odds more favorable.
Avoid Live Zero Commission Baccarat
This game was invented by top gaming software providers like Microgaming and it was supposed to give players a new and fair banker bet without the commission. But, this was all just to entice them into playing the game, because in the end if the value of your banker hand was eight, the odds at which you are paid were 1 to 2. A total rip off.
Maintain consistency with your betting amounts
Choose the bet size that you want to make each time and stick with it. Also use the strategy with which you can go is increasing your bet with each win and decreasing it each time you lose. This way you neutralize your losses just the same as you would by betting one same amount each time.
Look for Live Baccarat Table with fewer Decks of Cards
When you look for a live baccarat table with the least possible number of decks means you will play at such tables that have lower odds. This will help you in winning some more than compared to playing a live baccarat game with the maximum decks of 8. Most live casinos offer baccarat tables that use between 6 and 8 decks, but there are also high roller tables or VIP tables with fewer decks.
Remember playing Live Baccarat at live casinos you need to make a real money deposit in CAD. If you are not aware of how to play the game it’s better to practice the regular game of Baccarat found at online casinos under table games for free and understand it before jumping to play at live casinos.
Also live casinos offer great bonus offers to play Baccarat which you can use to play the game.